FareShare is an innovative not-for-profit organisation that creates healthy meals for Melbourne’s hungry and homeless, using quality food that would otherwise be wasted.
In 2008, Fenton Communications began a three-year community partnership with FareShare aimed at helping the organisation set up the internal and external communications. With a growing need for their services and a new kitchen, the organisation was at a stage were communications would potentially be essential in setting them up for the future.
Fenton Communications worked in a pro-bona capacity throughout the three years to:
- Develop a communication strategy and stakeholder engagement plan
- Coordinate the media and stakeholder launch for its kitchen in Abbotsford
- Provide media relations support
- Coordinate photography and collateral
- Provide online strategy advice - such as the setup and use of their now popular volunteer Facebook pay
- Helping develop and implement the media relations strategy for the Feed Melbourne campaign.
Towards the end of the community partnership, Fentons provided training to the staff at FareShare to enable them to continue communications work using inhouse and volunteer resources- enabling them to continue to develop and implement their communications strategy.
Head of Design
Head of Media & Digital
Sustainability & Infrastructure
Health & Community